Content Marketing

Valentines on Vine, Time Inc. Titles For Sale, Lay’s Crowdsourcing Flavor Vote

The Strategist picks the day’s most relevant and interesting stories about the world of content from around the web. Here’s what you should be reading today:

Valentines on Vine

How can we not mention Valentine’s Day today? Mashable posted the winners for its Vine on Valentine’s Day project, which were submitted through the Twitter hashtag #valenvine.

There are videos of hearts made out of rice, vintage Valentine’s Day cards, and a dog playing with a heart-shaped scarf. Head on over to Mashable to check them out.

Time Inc. Titles For Sale

According to AdWeek, Time Inc. titiles are up for sale. Magazines like People, In Style, and Real Simple would be included in that package deal.

A few buyers that might be interested in making the purchase are Meredith Corp., Warren Buffett, and Ryan Seacrest. Turner, which owns Time, would keep Time, Fortune, and Sports Illustrated on its roster.

Lay’s Crowdsourcing Flavor Vote

Lisa Lacy of ClickZ writes about the latest campaign from Lay’s Potato Chips. Consumers are being given the chance to vote on the flavors, which were originally submitted by fans.

The three flavors, cheesy garlic bread, chicken and waffles, and sriracha, are being showcased and voted on via Facebook, Twitter, or by texting “VOTE” to CHIPS (24477).

India Gets Its Own Version of Spotify

The New York Times reports that Saavn, a streaming music service in India that’s similar to Spotify, is now “offering a premium version at $4 a month that eliminates the ads, lets users listen to songs offline and will eventually add other features like higher quality audio.”

The company has offices in New York, California, and India, and has 1.1 million songs in nine different languages available on its site. The company’s specialty is Indian music.

Desktop Video Ads Increasing, Mobile Still Lagging

According to Paid Content, in the last quarter of 201, video ads grew 52 percent on desktop devices.

However, only five percent of that growth was on mobile units. Three percent was attributed to connected TV, which means devices like Apple TV, Xbox, and Roku.

Comcast’s NBC Investment

Comcast, which bought 51 percent of NBC two years ago, will now be purchasing the other 49 percent of the company from GE, according to the Wall Street Journal.

Martin Peers writes that this is a big gamble, since people are paying for television less and less. The deal, which is the biggest media acquisition in almost five years in America, is worth $16.7 billion.

Why Writers Should Be on Google+

According to Worldwide Freelance, writers should be on Google+ because the site has 343 million active monthly users and there is the potential to create an audience.

It also contains intelligent posts and content, and writers can engage with potential clients on the network. It increases Google authorship and author rank, as well as perfectly integrates with Gmail, Photo Albums, YouTube, Chrome, and Google Maps.

Get better at your job right now.

Read our weekly newsletter to master content marketing. It’s made for marketers, creators, and everyone in between.

Trending stories