The Smart Way to Repurpose Content
While many marketers understand the need to curate and create content, it’s difficult to find the time to do so.
One way to save time but still get an abundance of content is to learn how to repurpose it.
The trick is to see if information can be repurposed into different mediums through various distribution channels.
According to DeCoskey, to think intelligently means to know who the audience is and where personalities, styles, and preferences of the audience come into play. The next step is knowing to keep the content feeling fresh (done by repurposing into a different medium) and keep the overall goal in mind.
Below is the suggested method DeCoskey recommends make sure you are repurposing content intelligently:
1. Select a piece of your content that has gained some traction.
- Think of three ways that you can repurpose that content (as you get the hang of repurposing, you’ll probably find yourself with more than just three ideas).
Need some help? Try these:
- Blog post
- Interview (text or video)
- White paper
- Case study
- Blog series
- Twitter chat
- Facebook contest
- Best-of list
2. Promote as you would with any other content.
- Ask your followers for feedback.
- Monitor your analytics to get an idea of what worked and what didn’t.
Image courtesy of infografick/shutterstock