The Importance of Niche Blogging
There are two ways to make money from a blog and become a successful blogger — either get an insane amount of traffic or create niche content. Getting millions upon millions of page views on a blog is an extremely difficult task, though.
Unless you have as many connections as Arianna Huffington of Huffington Post, going the niche blog route will probably bring you the most success.
Keeping your blog niche can help you attract loyal readers, become an expert, and even make money. Here’s why staying niche is important.
Become the Expert
Who are you going to trust more when you need an answer to a very specific question? A blog that is dedicated specifically answering your question or a blog that has one or two posts on that topic?
By blogging about a specific topic, you become the expert on that topic – no previous experience required, just passion! Here are a few cool niche blogs with experts on some really random topics:
- FarmvilleFreak – expert on Zynga’s popular game Farmville
- BlenderGuru – expert on using Blender, a suite of tools for 3D design
- HealthyBlogSnack – expert on healthy snacks
- KiddiesCornerDeals – expert on best deals for kids clothing and toys
- TRoundUp – expert on t-shirts
This list of 20 niche blogs is worth checking out — it may even help you get ideas for your next blog.
As Blog Traffic Exchange points out, “Niche blogging is where the real money is right now.” By having a very targeted audience coming to your blog every day, you can sell very targeted things and actually make millions of dollars blogging if you do it right. Here is how some popular niche blogs monetize:
- InsideFacebook – sell targeted ads, sell conferences, sell expensive research reports with Facebook data, sell access to Facebook analytics tools
- CopyBlogger – sell WordPress themes, sell SEO optimization tools, sell books about blogging
- Mixergy – sell access to premium content, including interviews and courses on entrepreneurship
Attract Loyal Readers
If your readers know exactly what type of content to expect from you, they will keep coming back, ProBlogger points out. It’s like going to the same restaurant and ordering the same food every time – if you like it, why order something else? With blogging, if your readers get used to how a specific topic is discussed on your blog, they’ll keep coming back for more.
Get Started Already!
What are you waiting for? Start building your brand and making money from doing what you love right away. Just choose a niche topic to blog about right now, and keep blogging consistently to build up your high-value audience!
Image courtesy of Flickr, Thomas Hawk