Ideas Inside: Introducing Contently’s New Pitch Request FunctionalityBy Richard Sharp January 27th, 2016
The great science fiction writer Isaac Asimov once said, “Writing, to me, is simply thinking through my fingers.”
Lasting stories begin with meaningful ideas, whether we’re writing the next great novel or launching a brand publication that will shake up an industry.
Contently’s new pitch request functionality taps into the ideas of our powerful freelancer community, helping you harness the creative energy of high-caliber contributors to fill your editorial calendar with great content.
With the new pitch request capability, you can:
- Provide detailed instructions to get what you want. Publications can provide explicit guidance on the ideas they want their teams to submit through a detailed pitch brief.
- Target the right contributors. You can assign pitch requests to everyone on the publication or just a specific team.
- Schedule ahead. Publications can set up future pitch requests with scheduled submission periods. At the end of a submission period, pitches are available for review. (Bonus: Reviewers won’t have to remember to reach out to contributors in advance if a pitch request is already scheduled.)
- Find everything in one place. Admins and managing editors can track pitches from one screen—filtering by publication, pitch status, or contributor.
- Keep everyone in the loop. Pitch requests now appear on users’ calendars as well as a separate pitch page. Assigned teams are also notified at the beginning of each submission period.
Whether you’re developing concepts for a sci-fi-themed branded video or building an editorial calendar for an innovative new company publication, the pitch request feature will save you time and bolster the precision and creativity of your stories. Happy pitching.