Contently powers the content marketing programs of the world's most valuable brands through its complete content marketing solution: expert content strategy, an industry-leading content marketing platform, and the highest-rated creative network on earth.
We’re looking for an experienced video manager to grow our video offering. You’ll partner with clients and in-house service teams to pitch, sell, and educate clients about video projects, while also building and managing relationships with vendors in Contently’s Talent Network. This is a complex role that requires a good mix of client showmanship, project management, business and talent development, and vendor relations.
Above all, you are a highly motivated self-starter with a positive attitude. You don’t wait to be asked for help — you step outside your job function when needed and are eager to contribute. “That’s not my job” is not in your vocabulary.
What you'll do:
- Own video revenue growth at Contently
- Devise new and innovative ways to incorporate video into clients’ content strategy, and develop a scalable architecture to research and deliver video strategy recommendations
- Partner with in-house service teams and external video vendors to pitch video concepts to clients
- Create and deliver video strategy assets, trainings, and reference guides that make video production delightful for clients
- Partner cross-functionally with Product teams to enhance the Contently platform’s video capabilities
- Work cross-functionally with Sales and Marketing teams to make recommendations pre-sale and to ensure video is a key component of Contently’s go-to-market strategy
- Source, recruit, and manage video production partners based on client needs
- Set budgets and timeframes to ensure proper delivery of quality projects
- Make recommendations to clients about the relative strength of video proposals from vendors
- Act as expert on video scoping and pricing for sales and customer-facing teams
- Attend key client meetings, including quarterly business reviews and in-person trainings and workshops
- Innovate and make recommendations about how Contently can expand video offerings (livestream, animation, 360 video, etc)
- Onboard new video vendors into the Contently Talent Network
- Identify gaps in our network to inform recruitment initiatives so that Contently is equipped to service any client need
- Act as an expert on where and how to source, recruit, and evaluate the best video talent
- Manage and improve automated onboarding and training programs specifically targeted to video creatives
Who you are:
- Min. 5-7 years experience at a video production company, media organization, or creative agency (freelance experience accepted)
- Client-facing experience at all stages of the video lifecycle, from proposal to first cut to final delivery
- Patient and professional with clients
- Adept at translating advanced video concepts and terminology into easy-to-understand lingo for clients
- Passionate about multimedia, content strategy, and storytelling
- Comfortable working with budgets and spreadsheets to provide clients with accurate project estimates
- Organized and comfortable juggling many projects at once
- Detail-oriented and organized, but also able to see each project from the client and creator viewpoints
- Receptive to high-level direction and able to execute autonomously
- Ability to assemble attractive trainings, guides and client-facing proposals in Keynote (and you relish the opportunity to present your ideas in front of an audience)
- A positive team player who’s able to bring out the best in creative teams
- You should have an entrepreneurial spirit and obsession with new models of content creation along with a love for building community
- You “just get” the minds of both clients and freelancers alike and know how to communicate to both effectively
- Must love dogs
About the Company
Contently powers the content marketing programs of the world’s most valuable brands through its complete content marketing solution: expert content strategy, an industry-leading content marketing platform, and the highest-rated creative network on earth.
Working at Contently means that you will be collaborating with extremely intelligent, creative, and diverse problem-solvers who love a good story and many laughs. Contently employees receive the best perks out there – great benefits including a 401k plan to Friday lunches and a flexible vacation policy.
Contently is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color,gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information,national origin, ancestry, medical condition, disability, marital status,caregiver status, pregnancy, citizenship, age, military or veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.