The Sr. UX Designer is an individual contributor role reporting to the Manager of UX Design. This person will be part of a growing and dynamic team working on enhancements to an existing SAAS platform as well as helping to design and build the next generation of Contently’s content marketing software. From gathering requirements and participating in brainstorming sessions, wireframing, prototyping, and usability testing the Sr. UX Designer will be a part of every stage of design.
- 3-5 years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, information architect, and/or a similar UX-related role.
- Experience creating process flows, detailed wireframes, and interactive prototypes for complex responsive web applications.
- Fluency in information architecture, interaction design, user-centered design, user research and usability testing best practices, as well as strong knowledge of user experience principles, techniques, and patterns.
- Strong visual design skills
- Experience performing both quantitative and qualitative user research, including usability testing and analysis
- Experience designing for complex enterprise B2B software within an agile and fast-paced startup environment.
- A team player, comfortable collaborating with cross-functional teams and interfacing with corporate customers.
- Takes direction well, but can be self-directed when necessary.
- Effective time management skills.
- Possesses strong written and verbal communication skills along with the ability to clearly and succinctly articulate the rationale behind their design decisions.
- A portfolio of work demonstrating relevant experience
- Experience designing software geared to segmented audiences
- A bachelor's degree (master's preferred) in user experience design, interaction design, human-computer interaction (HCI), Library Science, Computer Science, Graphic Design or a related field.
Please include a link to your portfolio (with password, if applicable) to be considered.