Senior Full Stack Engineer
Location: New York City or Remote
Reporting into: Head of Engineering
At Contently, we are striving to build a best-in-class product-led experience for enterprises at all stages of content marketing maturity and expertise. We are looking for engineers with a passion for product and engineering excellence that can bring that to fruition.
Contently is seeking a Senior Full Stack Engineer to play an integral role in the planning and growth of our platform and engineering team. More specifically, you will be expected and excited to not only focus on your own development efforts, but also to guide and grow the design, implementation, and systematic thinking of your peers.
You’ll be working with a high IQ / high EQ, lean-but-mighty and growing Engineering team and brilliant Product team to understand, and solve the biggest challenges that world-class journalists and brands face to genuinely engage their audiences.
What You’ll Do
Upcoming major product initiatives include:
- Full migration from Rails monolith to React SPA and Rails API
- Building a best-in-class suite of content editing tools
- Intelligent/automated content ideation and content recommendation engines
- Top-to-bottom analysis of the current UX/UI of the platform and reimplementation where valuable
Upcoming major technical initiatives include:
- Re-architect our Analytics engines for greater scalability, performance, and resilience
- Build more robust and efficient on-boarding and disaster recovery processes and tech
- Contribute to and improve the security posture and processes across our tech stack
Each of these initiatives are ambitious projects on their own, and while we are a compact team, Contently has a solid track record of sustainably delivering on these goals with great results.
Beyond engaging with current and future product development, Contently Engineering is dedicated to maintaining an environment in which learning, growth, exploration, and self-determination are not only accepted, but encouraged and enthusiastically pursued.
Contently was founded to create a better life for freelance content creators and we are focused on bringing the best possible content into the world. We are looking for dedicated individuals who want to have a real impact on the organization, the creators and the brands we work with, and their own technical aspirations.
Who You Are
The ideal engineer has:
- 6-10 Years experience in software development
- 5+ Years experience w/ Ruby + Rails
What We Value
- High-performing creative leaders who have a solution mindset and dig into problems and opportunities with fervor and enthusiasm
- Leaders who actively participate at all levels of building the business, not afraid to advocate for recommended solutions and promote
- Humility and accountability; focused on the right solution, collaboration, and empowering their employees
- We heavily emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company.
- Asynchronous and fluid work environment through family-friendly policies, remote benefits and flexible time off
- We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply.
About the Company
Contently is a leader in the content marketing space as the industry’s only end to end solution for the problems facing today’s marketers. We are a software company whose full stack platform has hundreds of applications. This includes our data-driven content strategy and network of 160,000 award-winning content creators, which empowers you to build meaningful relationships with your customers.
Working at Contently means that you will be collaborating with extremely intelligent, creative, and diverse problem-solvers who love a good story and many laughs. Contently employees receive the best perks out there – great benefits including equity, 401k plan to Friday lunches and a flexible time off. We can’t wait to work with you!
Contently is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, national origin, ancestry, medical condition, disability, marital status, caregiver status, pregnancy, citizenship, age, military or veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.