Senior DevOps Engineer
Location: New York City
Reporting into: Head of Engineering
Contently is seeking a driven and organized Senior DevOps Engineer to lead the integration of our applications and the systems on which they run. More than a web application – behind the scenes is a large content analytics engine and data pipeline that processes over 200 million requests (and growing) a month. The Senior DevOps Engineer will be responsible for growing and maintaining that infrastructure as well as building tools for monitoring and development. Additionally, the engineer will be a full member of the product team – participating in release sprints to help ensure performance and security are prioritized.
What you'll do:
- Lead the way for Contently's next generation infrastructure and platform
- Optimize the application stack at all layers (Nginx, Puma, PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch) for performance and durability
- Architect an advanced continuous deployment process
- Ensure system security through industry standards
- Build tools to monitor the health of the application
- Work fully integrated with the development and product team to ensure high performance and reliability across all tiers of the stack
- Expand the platform globally. As Contently grows around the world, so will our technology stack.
Who you are:
- 4+ years combined experience as software engineer, software engineer in test, systems administrator, site reliability engineer or any combination of roles
- Experienced in building highly-available and resilient systems, preferably for an enterprise SaaS product
- Accomplished in monitoring and automating infrastructure
- Familiar with AWS services and APIs, including EC2, VPC, IAM, and RDS
- Experienced writing/testing infrastructure as code using tools like terraform, ansible
- Experienced with writing/testing infrastructure as code using tools like terraform, ansible
- Experienced with Docker, Kubernetes, Microservice architecture
- Strong communicator who can explain complex technology across teams
- Proficient in Linux/Unix system administration
- Experienced with setting up clustered systems (ElasticSearch, Redis, etc)
About the Company
Contently powers the content marketing programs of the world’s most valuable brands through its complete content marketing solution: expert content strategy, an industry-leading content marketing platform, and the highest-rated creative network on earth.
Contently is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color,gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information,national origin, ancestry, medical condition, disability, marital status,caregiver status, pregnancy, citizenship, age, military or veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.