Do you geek out on turning data into knock-out story concepts? Does shaping your client’s content program, managing complex content budgets, and blowing their goals out of the water motivate you? Then you might be the perfect fit to join our team.
As a Senior Content Strategist, you are responsible for the editorial and commercial execution of Contently’s Fortune 500 clients’ content programs. You bring the client perspective to every aspect of our offering. You will work directly with the client, Managing Editor, writers, creatives, and cross-functionally to bring content to life while meeting outlined objectives and targets. This position oversees editorial production, generates fresh ideas based on rigorous data analysis, regularly reports progress to the client, while optimizing and growing the account along the way.
What you'll do:
- Serve as main customer point of contact for assigned accounts
- Establish, manage, and deliver on content program goals
- Translate data-driven insights into editorial calendars, creative ideas, and roadmaps
- Prepare and attend key client meetings such as QBRs and scheduled reporting
- Provide reporting and strategic recommendations on topics, keywords, concepts
- Manage and coordinate all account planning activities and deliverables, including commercial aspects, on-boarding, training, and service recommendations
- Identify and execute customer upsell opportunities
- Manage renewal cycles, forecasting, commercial activities, and revenue alignment
- Leverage analytics tools (SEM Rush, Google Analytics, etc) to execute audience, competitive, SEO, and market analysis
- Manage large content budgets and build out quarterly editorial calendars
- Demonstrate interest and understanding of client’s market to fully grasp target audiences, consumption patterns, subject matter details, and content trends
- Ensure all content meets deadlines, priorities, and editorial quality standards
- Identify opportunities to improve content quality, process efficiency while keeping strategy rigorously updated
- Run workshops onsite with clients and deliver strategic analysis deliverable, amongst other external engagements
- Lead regular status calls and in-person meetings to develop true partnerships with our customers
Who you are:
- 5+ years experience directly developing and managing B2B / B2C content strategies — bonus if you have experience in the financial services space
- Consultative approach to managing complex client relationships
- Data-driven, results-oriented, team player who demonstrates a hunger to succeed
About the Company
Contently powers the content marketing programs of the world’s most valuable brands through its complete content marketing solution: expert content strategy, an industry-leading content marketing platform, and the highest-rated creative network on earth.
Working at Contently means that you will be collaborating with extremely intelligent, creative, and diverse problem-solvers who love a good story and many laughs. Contently employees receive the best perks out there – great benefits including a 401k plan to Friday lunches and a flexible vacation policy.
Contently is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color,gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information,national origin, ancestry, medical condition, disability, marital status,caregiver status, pregnancy, citizenship, age, military or veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.