Do you geek out on content strategy, love data analysis, and obsess over the future of digital media and marketing? Do you have a depth of experience in content marketing and content strategy, both as a practitioner within a brand and as a client-facing consultant? Then you might be the perfect fit to join our team. Contently, a venture-backed startup in Soho and the world’s leading data-driven content marketing solution, is seeking an Senior Content Strategist.
As the pioneer in content marketing and content strategy, Contently is on the cutting-edge of one of the world’s most exciting and fastest-growing industries. Through our industry-leading Contently Method™, proprietary technology, and unrivaled creative network, we help clients build best-in-class content programs that drive meaningful results for their businesses.
As a Content Strategist, you will join our industry-renown content strategy team and help our clients use great content to build stronger relationships with their customers.
What You’ll Do
- Consult prospective and current clients to better understand their challenges
- Present clients with custom solutions and build coherent roadmaps for their content programs
- Collaborate with our content strategy team to build creative, unique content strategies that map to high-level business goals, serve the needs of a brand’s target audience, and map to all stages of the customer journey
- Conduct workshops to evangelize content marketing and align disparate teams around a common purpose
- Conduct stakeholder interviews and leverage industry best practices to build content governance models for complex, Fortune 500 organizations
- Create compelling thought leadership content for our blog and other industry publications
- Represent Contently as a public speaker at industry events
- Work with our team to develop new approaches to content strategy analysis and fresh frameworks for success.
Who You Are
- 7+ years of experience as both a content strategy practitioner within a brand and as consultant developing content strategies for enterprise organizations
- Experience building audience personas, conducting content audits, and developing global content strategies from scratch
- Cutting-edge knowledge of content marketing trends, case studies, technologies, and everything in between
- Professionalism and a confident, consultative approach to client-facing interactions
- Comfort with helping pitch for new business
- Strong analytical skills and a hard work ethic, high integrity, creative and strategic thinking skills, and a good sense of humor
- Ability to quickly understand business needs as it relates to a specific industry, then translate complex ideas into an editorial vision
- Strong writing, editing, creative and strategic thinking skills
- The hunger to proactively develop innovative new strategies and tactics in an emerging industry
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment with the willingness to be flexible
- Passionate about a startup culture and adding to it