Location: Remote, NYC / East Coast centric
Reporting into: Head of Finance
Contently is seeking a Senior Accountant to join our finance team. We’re looking for a dedicated, focused individual who has a keen attention to detail. We have a fun, friendly (people and dogs!) remote office where you’ll be part of a growing team and company.
What you'll do:
- Process and manage customer invoices and A/R collections
- Collaborate heavily with Customer Success team for effective and deep client relationship and experience
- Manage communication and enjoy engaging with top-tier, premium brands, their marketing and finance teams
- Monthly closing process, ensuring timely and accurate closing of General Ledger and its sub ledgers, including, revenues, deferred revenues, and posting of all journal entries
- Prepare G/L account reconciliations, and accruals
- Bank account reconciliations
- Responsible for monthly/quarterly sales tax payments, commercial rent tax
- Assist in preparation of company metrics and KPIs
- Assist in the implementation and communication of new accounting practices and new business policies and procedures
Who you are:
- Comprehensive understanding of financial accounting and reporting under US GAAP
- Knowledge of revenue recognition rule ASC 606
- Combination of high IQ and high EQ
- Thrive in a startup, fast paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Customer and revenue obsessed
- Interested in establishing or evolving accounting best practices
- Strong excel knowledge
- Ability to work independently and balance multiple priorities
- Professional maturity and high integrity are must
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- 5-7 years work experience in the accounting field
- Experience with NetSuite, Salesforce, Bill.com, Expensify, Avalara preferred
- CPA/MBA preferred
About the Company
Contently powers the content marketing programs of the world’s most valuable brands through its complete content marketing solution: expert content strategy, an industry-leading content marketing platform, and the highest-rated creative network on earth.
Working at Contently means that you will be collaborating with extremely intelligent, creative, and diverse problem-solvers who love a good story and many laughs. Contently employees receive the best perks out there – great benefits including a 401k plan to Friday lunches and a flexible vacation policy.
Contently is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, national origin, ancestry, medical condition, disability, marital status, caregiver status, pregnancy, citizenship, age, military or veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.