Sales Development Representatives have two roles: follow up of Inbound lead requests and outbound prospecting, getting prospects interested in learning more about Contently’s offerings. Inbound leads refer to prospects who have engaged with us through marketing activities such as our website, tradeshows, and webcasts. Outbound refers to outreach to potential customers who match buyer personas and ideal customer profiles that have never engaged with our product and/or services.
The main objective of a Sales Development Representative is the qualification and disqualification of potential opportunities for our sales team. Sales Development Representatives set up meetings for sales executives to qualify and convert to opportunities (pipeline). Sales Development Representatives are measured on a specific number of qualified meetings monthly, as well as closed won new business for Contently.
The secondary objective of a Sales Development Representative is to learn about the sales process from cold lead through onboarded customers. You will learn about our company, our product, the content marketing industry, competitors, customer stories, and compelling events which help you perform at the top level. This program is designed to train and develop individuals on their path to sales and customer success upon passing certain milestones.
What You'll Do:
- Responsible for building, maintaining, and achieving monthly/quarterly pipeline of qualified sales leads
- Generate conversations with potential buyers via phone and email outreach
- Familiar with using lead generation tools and Salesforce is a plus
- Conform to best practices for sales development/business development with regards to telephone calls, e-mails, and in-person contact with new prospects
- Follow up on marketing qualified leads meeting documented SLAs
- Ask targeted, intelligent questions to speak knowledgeably with C-suite and VP-level executives and decision makers
- Coordinate meetings with sales executives, and dutifully log all activities in our Salesforce CRM
Who You Are:
- 6 months to 1 year of experience as a Sales Development Representative or Business Development Representative (prior sales and prospecting experience at a Software/Technology company preferred)
- A fundamental understanding of the sales process, from marketing through prospecting, cold calling, generating interest, and handing off to sales
- Demonstrated ability to articulate unique value propositions and persuade prospects
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and professionally with senior level executives
- Excellent verbal and written presentation skills
- You’re a storyteller by nature
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment with an ever-evolving product
- Passionate about start-up culture and impacting the company