Sales Development Representative
Location: New York City / Remote
Reporting into: Sales Manager
Compensation: $60k-$70k OTE based on experience
SDRs have two roles: hunter, outbound prospecting and pursue inbound leads, getting prospects interested in learning more about Contently’s offerings. Outbound refers to outreach to potential customers who match buyer personas and ideal customer profiles that have never engaged with our product and/or services. Inbound leads refer to prospects who have engaged with us through marketing activities such as our website and webinars. We practice what we preach and apply content marketing as our storytelling!
The main objective of a Sales Development Representative is the qualification and disqualification of potential opportunities for our sales team. Sales Development Representatives set up meetings for sales executives to qualify and convert to opportunities (pipeline). Sales Development Representatives are measured on a specific number of qualified meetings monthly, as well as closed won new business for Contently.
The secondary objective of a Sales Development Representative is to learn about the sales process from cold lead through onboarded customers. You will learn about our company, our product, the content marketing industry, competitors, customer stories, and compelling events which help you perform at the top level. This program is designed to train and develop individuals on their path to sales and customer success upon passing certain milestones.
What You'll Do:
- Responsible for building, maintaining, and achieving monthly/quarterly pipeline of qualified sales leads
- Generate conversations with potential buyers via phone and email outreach
- Familiar with using lead generation tools and Salesforce is a plus
- Conform to best practices for sales development/business development with regards to telephone calls and e-mails with new prospects
- Follow up on marketing qualified leads meeting documented SLAs
- Ask targeted, intelligent questions to speak knowledgeably with C-suite and VP-level executives and decision makers
- Coordinate meetings with sales executives, and dutifully log all activities in our Salesforce CRM
Who You Are:
- 6 months to 1 year of experience as a Sales Development Representative or Business Development Representative (prior sales and prospecting experience at a Software/Technology company preferred)
- A fundamental understanding of the sales process, from marketing through prospecting, cold calling, generating interest, and handing off to sales
- Demonstrated ability to articulate unique value propositions and persuade prospects
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and professionally with senior level executives
- Excellent verbal and written presentation skills
- You’re a storyteller by nature
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment with an ever-evolving product
- Passionate about start-up culture and impacting the company
What We Value
- High-performing creative leaders who have a solution mindset and dig into problems and opportunities with fervor and enthusiasm
- Leaders who actively participate at all levels of building the business, not afraid to advocate for recommended solutions and promote
- Humility and accountability; focused on the right solution, collaboration, and empowering their employees
- We heavily emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company.
- Async and fluid work environment through family friendly policies, remote benefits and flexible time off
- We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply.
About the Company
Contently powers the content marketing programs of the world’s most valuable brands through its complete content marketing solution: expert content strategy, an industry-leading content marketing platform, and the highest-rated creative network on earth.
Working at Contently means that you will be collaborating with extremely intelligent, creative, and diverse problem-solvers who love a good story and many laughs. Contently employees receive the best perks out there – great benefits including a 401k plan to expensing Friday lunches and a flexible vacation policy.
Contently is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, national origin, ancestry, medical condition, disability, marital status, caregiver status, pregnancy, citizenship, age, military or veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.