Sales Development Representative (Remote – East Coast Centric)
Reporting Into: Head of Sales
Sales Development Representatives follow-up on Inbound lead requests and Outbound prospecting, garnering interest from prospective clients interested in learning more about Contently’s offerings.
The main objective of a Sales Development Representative is the qualification and disqualification of potential opportunities for our sales team. Sales Development Representatives set up meetings and/or demos for sales executives to qualify and convert to opportunities (pipeline). Sales Development Representatives are measured on a specific number of qualified meetings monthly, as well as closed won new business for Contently.
The secondary objective of a Sales Development Representative is to learn about the sales process from cold lead through onboarded customers. You will learn about our company, our product, the content marketing industry, competitors, customer stories, and compelling events which help you perform at the top level. This program is designed to train and develop individuals on their path to sales and customer success upon passing certain milestones.
What You’ll Do:
- Become an expert at using lead generation tools such as Outreach, Salesforce, Discover.org, and others to create accurate targeted lists of prospects
- Conform to best practices for sales development/business development with regards to telephone calls, e-mails, and in-person contact with new prospects
- Follow up on marketing qualified leads meeting documented SLAs
- Ask targeted, intelligent questions to speak knowledgeably with C-suite and VP-level executives and decision makers
- Coordinate meetings with sales executives, and dutifully log all activities in our Salesforce CRM
- Achieve monthly/quarterly goals of new opportunity creation and closed-won bookings from pipeline passed to sales
Who You Are:
- BA/BS and 6 months to 1 year of experience as a Sales Development Representative or Business Development Representative
- A fundamental understanding of the sales process, from marketing through prospecting, cold calling, generating interest, and handing off to sales
- Demonstrated ability to articulate unique value propositions and persuade prospects
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and professionally with senior level executives
- Excellent verbal and written presentation skills
- You’re a storyteller by nature
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment with an ever-evolving product
- Passionate about start-up culture and impacting the company
What We Value
- High-performing creative leaders who have a solution mindset and dig into problems and opportunities with fervor and enthusiasm
- Leaders who actively participate at all levels of building the business, not afraid to advocate for recommended solutions and promote
- Humility and accountability; focused on the right solution, collaboration, and empowering their employees
- We heavily emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company.
- Async and fluid work environment through family friendly policies, remote benefits and flexible time off
- We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply.
About the Company
Contently is a leader in the content marketing space as the industry’s only end to end solution for the problems facing today’s marketers. We are a software company whose full stack platform has hundreds of applications. This includes our data-driven content strategy and network of 160,000 award-winning content creators, which empowers you to build meaningful relationships with your customers.
Working at Contently means that you will be collaborating with extremely intelligent, creative, and diverse problem-solvers who love a good story and many laughs. Contently employees receive the best perks out there – great benefits including equity, 401k plan to Friday lunches and a flexible time off. We can’t wait to work with you!
Contently is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, national origin, ancestry, medical condition, disability, marital status, caregiver status, pregnancy, citizenship, age, military or veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.