Title: People Operations Manager
Location: New York City (Remote)
Reporting into: CEO
The Contently team continues to grow from a small but mighty group in New York City to a national community. We are scaling our People and Culture team to continue our investment in our #1 asset: our people, Contentlians.
We are looking for a People Operations Manager in our New York office to provide hands-on support to our employees – remote and partial in-office. Reporting to the CEO, this person will work alongside divisional managers and leaders to provide human resources support in a growing, fast paced, startup environment. You will be instrumental in evolving our core HR processes and owning talent experience – recruiting, onboarding, benefits, L&D, DEI, fulfillment, culture, remote and in office – across the organization.
- Full-cycle recruiting process, from talent sourcing and attracting candidates to interviewing, hiring and onboarding new employees
- You will be a trusted resource for the team while handling day to day employee support
- Collaborate with Hiring Managers to develop and execute tactical sourcing strategies aimed at generating candidate flow to meet overall recruiting goals.
- Source candidates through a creative approach that includes relationships internally, social media to build a candidate pipeline
- Collaborate with Hiring Managers to develop and execute tactical sourcing strategies aimed at generating candidate flow to meet overall recruiting goals
- Support cross-company HR processes such as benefits, performance reviews and career development
- Support employee compensation program including being hands-on in participating in external salary surveys and benchmarking, and evaluating and updating salary ranges
- Provide support across all People and Culture programs and procedures, including driving diversity, equity & inclusion efforts aligned to the broader recruiting strategy
- Nurture and add to the culture, drive employees' sense of pride, purpose, passion and fulfillment
- Office admin: hands on, office & kitchen supplies, delivery and vendor management
- Plan and execute events – virtual, holiday parties, office events, off-sites, summer outings – to enhance team-building, create deeper bonding
- Support initiatives that drive employee engagement, ability to hold and lead learning and development programs is a plus
Who You Are
- 2-5 years of HR experience with focus on recruiting, as well as a demonstrated proficiency in areas of employment law, compensation, recruiting, and HRIS systems
- Experience working with softwares – greenhouse, linkedin navigator/recruiting, ADP, bambooHR – highly preferred
- Excellent communications skills, including writing ability, and consistency in message delivery
- Experience with leading cross company end to end recruiting processes
- A can-do attitude, a desire to learn & grow and a strong work ethic
- Demonstrated ability to manage through ambiguity and competing priorities
- An eye toward white glove talent experience, both for candidates as well as stakeholders
- Independently problem solve and work autonomously with a sense of urgency
- Experience and interest in working in a startup environment
Contently powers the content marketing programs of the world’s most valuable brands through its complete content marketing solution: expert content strategy, an industry-leading content marketing platform, and the highest-rated creative network on earth.
Working at Contently means that you will be collaborating with high IQ and high EQ individuals – extremely intelligent, creative, empathetic, synergistic and diverse problem-solvers who love a good story and many laughs.
Contently is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, national origin, ancestry, medical condition, disability, marital status, caregiver status, pregnancy, citizenship, age, military or veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.