Content Strategist (Remote – East Coast Centric)
Reporting Into: Director, Strategic Services
Are you passionate about the role content plays in marketing and brand growth? Can you find the audience insight, key competitive opportunity, or long-tail keyword strategy in a sea of raw data? Does the pursuit of ambitious business and revenue targets excite you? Then you might be the perfect fit to join our team.
We are seeking a highly motivated, self-directed Content Strategist known for your positive attitude. You show your empathy by helping your client succeed, by delivering candid feedback that helps your peers grow, and by engaging in group brainstorms, share-outs, and reflections. You’re curious; you have a mind for data but are more interested in the story data tells. And finally, you’re accountable—for your clients, for your revenue targets, and for your team’s success.
What You’ll Do
- Serve as main customer point of contact for assigned accounts; manage and coordinate all account activities and deliverables
- Work with your client, a managing editor, and our community of freelancers to meet the client’s marketing objectives.
- Onboarding and increasing adoption of our award-winning content management platform.
- Demonstrate interest and understanding of client’s market, target audiences, content consumption patterns, subject matter details, and content trends
- On the commercial side, manage renewal cycles, monitor account health, track and forecast revenue, and create and execute on account expansion and upsell strategies
- On the strategic side, establish, manage, and deliver on content program goals
- Leverage proprietary and third-party analytics tools to execute audience, competitive, topic, channel, SEO, and other analyses
- Prepare and present strategic analyses, best practice guides, and educational workshops to clients, and occasionally prospects and Contently colleagues
- Translate data-driven insights into editorial calendars aligned with client’s content budget
- On the program side, prepare and attend key client meetings such as production status calls, monthly performance and account audit reviews, and QBRs
- Ensure program standards and content meets deadlines, priorities, and editorial quality
- Identify opportunities to improve content quality, process, and editorial guidelines
Who You Are
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in revenue-driven roles, including experience managing and growing books of business
- 3 – 5 years’ experience developing and managing B2B / B2C content strategies
- Able to lead, manage, and delegate multiple projects and adapt to shifting priorities
- A content nerd who will increase product adoption and leverage relationships with existing clients to expand into other parts of client organizations
- Data-driven, results-oriented, team player who demonstrates a hunger to succeed
- Consultative approach to managing complex client relationships
- Business acumen, sound decision making, analytical, and organizational skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit: embrace challenges, embody resilience, passionate problem-solver
- Creative and detail-oriented – where others see complex spreadsheets and briefs, you see storytelling opportunities, campaigns, and content concepts
- Superb professional communication and interpersonal skills
- Embrace the latest technology and analytics platforms, experience working within a CMP
- Sharp editorial eye, copy-editing, spelling, and grammar whiz
- Motivated by start-up culture and fast-paced environments
- Familiarity with BuzzSumo, SEMrush, and other SEO platforms
What We Value
- High-performing creative leaders who have a solution mindset and dig into problems and opportunities with fervor and enthusiasm
- Leaders who actively participate at all levels of building the business, not afraid to advocate for recommended solutions and promote
- Humility and accountability; focused on the right solution, collaboration, and empowering their employees
- We heavily emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company.
- Async and fluid work environment through family friendly policies, remote benefits and flexible time off
- We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply.
About the Company
Contently is a leader in the content marketing space as the industry’s only end to end solution for the problems facing today’s marketers. We are a software company whose full stack platform has hundreds of applications. This includes our data-driven content strategy and network of 160,000 award-winning content creators, which empowers you to build meaningful relationships with your customers.
Working at Contently means that you will be collaborating with extremely intelligent, creative, and diverse problem-solvers who love a good story and many laughs. Contently employees receive the best perks out there – great benefits including equity, 401k plan to Friday lunches and a flexible time off. We can’t wait to work with you!
Contently is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, national origin, ancestry, medical condition, disability, marital status, caregiver status, pregnancy, citizenship, age, military or veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.