Head of Product (Remote – East Coast Centric)
Reporting Into: CEO
Marketing is transforming, and content is at the core of the transformation. Contently is committed to bringing the timeless art of storytelling into the digital age. By integrating cutting-edge software, trained creative talent, and best-in-class data driven strategy into one holistic solution, Contently helps the world’s best brands tell great stories.
It's an exciting time to be part of the Product team at Contently. Product managers drive our roadmap, have influence and major impact on business decisions and help grow the business. Come join a group of incredibly talented and friendly people (and dogs when in office!) who care about building something amazing.
We're looking for an experienced Head of Product to lead Contently's products, including improving existing ones and defining and launching new ones. We're looking for someone who thrives in a fast-paced, startup environment, which means you'll be given great ownership and you must be a self-starter.
What You’ll Do
- Position Contently’s product in the market, representing Contently as thought leader at conferences and events
- Champion a product vision, strategy, and roadmap that aligns with company vision and strategy
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of the market and Contently’s path for growth within it
- Collaborate closely with customer facing and marketing teams to align roadmap with customer needs and market intelligence
- Establish and track KPIs focusing on customer adoption and needs
- Commercialize product offerings with a strong go to market value and stance
- Balance short-term, incremental improvements with long-term, game-changing initiatives
- Work closely with UX and Engineering to deliver on product strategy
- Rapidly iterates to learn what customers truly need and to build scalable solutions
Who You Are
- Entrepreneurial, coach and player, operational and visionary
- 8-12 years of progressively increasing product leadership experience
- Exceptional team leader and manager
- Proven track record at B2B enterprise software company–ideally in the marketing or content management space
- Experience developing data-focused products a plus
- Experience developing relationships with analysts (i.e. Forrester, Gartner, Sirius Decisions, etc.) a plus
- Excellent communicator of complex products and its business and revenue value proposition to people with non-technical backgrounds
- Customer-obsessed product leader who seeks to find what customers really need
- Experienced in developing enterprise SaaS products
- Balance the needs of a few large clients vs. small clients
- Build, partner vs. integrate decisions
- Deep experience in implementing and leading agile development methodologies with an emphasis on shipping early and often
- Proven track record of growing careers in product management, including developing career progressions
- Leads with firm decisions through reasoned, data-backed arguments
What We Value
- High-performing creative leaders who have a solution mindset and dig into problems and opportunities with fervor and enthusiasm
- Leaders who actively participate at all levels of building the business, not afraid to advocate for recommended solutions and promote
- Humility and accountability; focused on the right solution, collaboration, and empowering their employees
- We heavily emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company.
- Async and fluid work environment through family friendly policies, remote benefits and flexible time off
- We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply.
About the Company
Contently is a leader in the content marketing space as the industry’s only end to end solution for the problems facing today’s marketers. We are a software company whose full stack platform has hundreds of applications. This includes our data-driven content strategy and network of 160,000 award-winning content creators, which empowers you to build meaningful relationships with your customers.
Working at Contently means that you will be collaborating with extremely intelligent, creative, and diverse problem-solvers who love a good story and many laughs. Contently employees receive the best perks out there – great benefits including equity, 401k plan to Friday lunches and a flexible time off. We can’t wait to work with you!
Contently is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, national origin, ancestry, medical condition, disability, marital status, caregiver status, pregnancy, citizenship, age, military or veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.