Head of Marketing (Remote – East Coast Centric)
Reporting Into: CEO
Reporting to the CEO, the Head of Marketing will provide vision and leadership for all initiatives, including content, corporate communications, product marketing, growth marketing, and go-to-market strategy.
You’ll lead a talented, creative, and high-performing team. We’re looking for someone with a passion for content and a strong background in growth and product marketing. The ideal candidate brings a player-coach mindset and is eager to get their hands dirty bringing exciting new innovations within our platform to market, SaaS expertise is a must.
What You’ll Do
- As a key member of the executive team, mentor, motivate and lead marketing team and operations with continual focus on the success of the company, the division, as well as the Marketing team members.
- Take a leading, hands-on role with product marketing and go-to-market strategy.
- Drive inbound pipeline of new logos and customer retention and expansion
- Optimize marketing performance across channels (digital, paid demand gen, partnerships, inbound marketing, social media, review sites, events, content marketing).
- Partner and align with the sales team to effectively coordinate outbound and inbound across target accounts and industries.
- Coach and support team members across content, growth marketing, and design to continue to grow our reputation and footprint in the industry.
- Manage the marketing P&L, budgeting and technology stack, including ownership of ROI and CAC efficiency and growth.
- Be a champion for Contently and the power of content marketing in the industry.
- Develop storytelling DNA across the organization, sharing knowledge and marketing best practices, expertise.
Who You Are
- 8+ years in marketing roles, with strong product & performance marketing, and SaaS experience.
- 3-5 years managing a marketing team and P&L.
- Enthused to be a player-coach and get in the weeds of content, performance marketing and go-to-market.
- Data-driven, results-oriented, team player who demonstrates a hunger to succeed.
- Empathetic leader who cares deeply about their team.
- Motivated by purpose-led work and being at a mission-driven organization.
- Entrepreneurial spirit: embrace challenges, embody resilience, passionate problem-solver.
- Able to lead, manage, and delegate multiple projects, and adapt to shifting priorities.
- Creative and detail-oriented – where others see complex spreadsheets and briefs, you see storytelling opportunities, campaigns, and content concepts.
- Superb professional communication and interpersonal skills.
What We Value
- High-performing creative leaders who have a solution mindset and dig into problems and opportunities with fervor and enthusiasm
- Leaders who actively participate at all levels of building the business, not afraid to advocate for recommended solutions and promote
- Humility and accountability; focused on the right solution, collaboration, and empowering their employees
- We heavily emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company.
- Asynchronous and fluid work environment through family-friendly policies, remote benefits and flexible time off
- We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply.
About the Company
Contently is a leader in the content marketing space as the industry’s only end to end solution for the problems facing today’s marketers. We are a software company whose full stack platform has hundreds of applications. This includes our data-driven content strategy and network of 160,000 award-winning content creators, which empowers you to build meaningful relationships with your customers.
Working at Contently means that you will be collaborating with extremely intelligent, creative, and diverse problem-solvers who love a good story and many laughs. Contently employees receive the best perks out there – great benefits including equity, 401k plan to Friday lunches and a flexible time off. We can’t wait to work with you!
Contently is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, national origin, ancestry, medical condition, disability, marital status, caregiver status, pregnancy, citizenship, age, military or veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.