Contently is looking for a Head of Finance to oversee and execute the company's financial operations. Reporting to the CEO, the right candidate will bring best practices and solid hands-on skills in strategic planning and analysis, accounting operations, and financial management, but most importantly, will take an active role in supporting the daily growth of our company. We are looking for a leader who is comfortable in a scaling startup environment and will work with our leadership team to drive results.
What you'll do:
- Manage all financial and legal management operations of the company
- Lead financial planning and analysis to provide strategic decision support to company leadership
- Create and share the story through numbers internally, to the board and to the market
- Manage budgeting and planning, forecasting, financial modeling, and reporting; own the financial model and rebuild it as necessary
- Oversee the company’s accounting function, including revenue management, payables, receivables and collections, capital management, and taxes
- Lead communication and reporting to the Board of Directors and Investors regarding the company’s financial performance and operations
- Drive best practices and apply business insights
- Direct annual budget creation and re-forecasting activities throughout the year
- Own standard financial statements, including balance sheet, P&L, and statement of cash flows, including preparation for board meetings
- Oversee and recommend efficient use and implementation of accounting and billing systems and controls
- Support corporate finance activities, including venture capital and debt fundraising
- Be a key promoter of using data to drive decisions; support and enable reporting, distribution of data, and analysis of key business metrics
- Manage relationships with company’s accounting, finance, banking, and insurance vendors; assist with managing relationships with IT, PEO, and facilities management as needed
- Partner with external auditors on financial audits and internal controls review
- Review and approve contracts from a financial perspective
- Manage 4 person Finance team, including Controller & Business Analyst as direct reports
Who you are:
We’re looking for an entrepreneurial candidate with excellent communication skills and the ability to roll up their sleeves and join a fast moving, collaborative team.
- 7-10 years of progressive experience in financial planning and analysis; ideal candidate will also have experience in accounting
- Confidant and advisor to the CEO
- Experience in creating and managing a complex financial model/budget
- Working knowledge of SaaS company financial metrics, with experience in the field
- Experience working in a marketplace and/or digital content organization is a plus
- Experience leading a rapidly scaling startup or technology organization through different stages of a company lifecycle (Series B, growth stage)
- Ability to present the company’s financial operations to the Board and address Board questions as they arise
- Background in corporate finance, venture-backed startups, M&A, or other high-growth, entrepreneurial environments
- Experience and proficiency in SaaS accounting, billing and analysis systems (e.g. Quickbooks, NetSuite, Looker, Salesforce etc.)
- MBA, CFA and/or CPA preferred
About the Company
Contently powers the content marketing programs of the world’s most valuable brands through its complete content marketing solution: expert content strategy, an industry-leading content marketing platform, and the highest-rated creative network on earth.
Working at Contently means that you will be collaborating with extremely intelligent, creative, and diverse problem-solvers who love a good story and many laughs. Contently employees receive the best perks out there – great benefits including a 401k plan to Friday lunches and a flexible vacation policy.
Contently is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color,gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information,national origin, ancestry, medical condition, disability, marital status,caregiver status, pregnancy, citizenship, age, military or veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.