Head of Customer Experience
Location: New York City
Reporting into: CEO
Marketing is transforming, and content is at the core of the transformation. That’s why Contently is committed to bringing the timeless art of storytelling into the digital age. By integrating cutting-edge software, trained creative talent, and best-in-class strategy services into one holistic solution, Contently helps the world’s best brands tell great stories.
What We Do
The Customer Experience team at Contently builds long-term relationships with our customers to drive adoption, retention, and expansion. Leveraging data, we pinpoint opportunities and obstacles that transform how customers operate and scale their businesses. We inform and advise on Contently’s product strategy and how teams should understand the customer lifecycle.
What You’ll Do
- Own the development and ongoing evolution of the strategy, structure and process for Increasing customer retention/growth.
- Drive enterprise adoption, retention and satisfaction:
- define the customer lifecycle from launch to implementation
- deploy growth strategies to help customers adopt new features and new use-cases
- develop a customer health benchmarks to identify at risk customers before escalation is required
- evaluate, select and implement the most effective Customer Success Management platform
- develop and implement playbooks for all phases of the customer journey and for different escalation scenarios
- implement an account planning process for strategic customers to ensure a high level of satisfaction and upsell potential
- collaborate with the Sales team to pursue growth opportunities
- Lead, expand, and mentor the Customer Experience team:
- set and prioritize tasks, KPIs, and goals
- improve cross-team collaboration
- evaluate and developing each person’s skills
- identify high-performers for additional career advancement
- develop training and growth programs for CSMs
- hire strong talent for the continuously growing team
- Promote a customer-centric mentality across the organization
- reinforce how Customer Experience initiatives will achieve company goals
- communicate customer feedback and sentiment to Marketing, Product and Sales
- be the Customer Success representative for Contently’s Director’s Committee
- Engage directly with customers to gain valuable feedback and establish executive level relationships
- At least 25% of your time
What We Believe are Important Traits for This Role
- 10+ years driving successful outcomes in customer facing roles SaaS companies focusing on Content Marketing Martech, Adtech, Social Media or other platforms used by Fortune 500 Content/Marketing departments
- 5+ years scaling the Account Management or Customer Success function at the Director or VP-level in a startup environment
- Lead with player-coach mentality, empower teams to solve problems creatively, and motivate and mentor up-and-coming talent hands-on
- Demonstrate the business acumen to required to discuss the unique opportunities and challenges of each customer and align with Contently ROI
- Love using data to develop strategies, measure outcomes, prevent churn, identify opportunities for upsell and team development
- Truly like to spend time in the field with Customers
What We Value
- We value high performing creative individuals who dig into problems and opportunities.
- We don't want leaders to just manage; we want them to actively participate at all levels of building the business
- We emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company.
- We offer a flexible work environment through family friendly policies, WFH benefits and unlimited vacation
- We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply.
About the Company
Contently powers the content marketing programs of the world’s most valuable brands through its complete content marketing solution: expert content strategy, an industry-leading content marketing platform, and the highest-rated creative network on earth.
Working at Contently means that you will be collaborating with extremely intelligent, creative, and diverse problem-solvers who love a good story and many laughs. Contently employees receive the best perks out there – great benefits including a 401k plan to Friday lunches and a flexible vacation policy.
Contently is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color,gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information,national origin, ancestry, medical condition, disability, marital status,caregiver status, pregnancy, citizenship, age, military or veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.