Do you absolutely love content and storytelling? Do you want to work at an organization that values creativity, risk-taking, and the ability to create bizarre memes about SEO? Are you excited by the prospect of working for a mission-driven organization that helps freelance creatives get paid well to do what they love? Then we just might have the job for you.
Over the past decade, Contently has pioneered the content marketing space and attracted an audience of hundreds of thousands of people across the globe. We’re a SaaS company, but we’re also deeply passionate about helping freelance creatives, and educating the business world on how they can use stories to build deep relationships with their customers.
The Growth Marketing Manager will collaborate across Product, Sales, Editorial, and CX to engage our prospects and customers through creative personalized campaigns that’ll help them do their jobs better while driving growth for Contently’s business.
We’re looking for a creative, data-driven person who loves to experiment and isn’t afraid to fail and learn. You’ll work with an ambitious, tight-knit team of storytellers and be encouraged to take risks and try new strategies.This position reports directly to the VP of Marketing.
We’re a remote company but have an awesome office and video studio in downtown New York. So you can work from anywhere, or you can work from the office, or you can trade off based on where the wind takes you.
- Owning and optimizing all growth marketing campaigns, including paid social, review sites, content partnerships, sponsorships, programmatic, etc.
- Driving growth and engagement across function and channel-specific growth marketing KPIs.
- Constantly experimenting and pitching new ideas and channels.
- Support the VP of Marketing on customer marketing and field marketing initiatives.
- Collaborating with Editorial, Sales, Product, and CX to better serve our prospects and customers the content and solutions they need.
- Lead Management in Salesforce and Pardot. Coordinate with Sales and Sales Operations to understand marketing contribution and influence to the sales funnel, and feedback on campaign effectiveness.
- Managing contact information and reference lists. Develop lists for Outbound Campaign Management and coordinate mailing logistics for nurture campaigns, industry/vertical and client/customer campaigns.
- Establish an experimental mindset and process (A/B and multivariate tests) to optimize AARRR metrics (Acquisition – Activation – Retention – Referral – Revenue).
Our ideal candidate
- Has 2-5 years in the wild west of B2B marketing
- Is hands-on and likes to move fast and make things
- Has experience growing all aspects of B2B marketing—segmented lead gen campaigns, social/paid social, retargeting, SEO/SEM, retargeting, etc.
- Loves experimentation and the data-driven optimization of campaigns, and using data to inform creative decisions. Organized and methodical about designing experiments, testing hypotheses, and optimization.
- Experience managing a marketing budget, and proven success improving results over time
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Solid copywriting skills
- SEO whiz
- Experience with Salesforce, Pardot and Google Analytics is a plus
- Resourceful—can ball on a budget
- Understands the power of great content, and is excited to help us create stories and resources that help our prospects and customers at every stage of the customer journey.
What’s in it for you
- A pivotal role driving growth at an innovative, fast-growing startup with a great brand.
- The opportunity to join a collaborative, creative team, and the freedom to do great work
- A nurturing environment filled with amazing co-workers and even better dogs
- Competitive salary, equity, 401K, free Friday lunches and fun team bonding