Full Stack Engineer
Location: New York City (Remote – East Coast Centric)
Reporting into: Head of Engineering
Contently is seeking a software engineer to play an integral role in the planning and growth of our platform. You’ll work with a lean but mighty team of engineers and product managers to solve some of our customer’s biggest content marketing problems. We’re looking for someone who's experienced and comfortable with a fast paced startup environment, which means you'll be given a significant ownership opportunity and will be required to be an organized self-starter. The engineering department at Contently is growth and ownership focused and is staffed by high-IQ and high-EQ collaborators.
What you'll do:
- Design and implement components and features on both the client and server side of the tech stack
- Develop with a focus on performance, maintainability, and understandability
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams comprised of members from all across the company, who usually bring different perspectives to the group
- Lead and help set best practices for productive software development
- Participate in code reviews
- Work closely with and mentor other engineers, providing guidance on best practices – especially regarding React and/or Ruby on Rails
Who you are:
- 5+ years of professional software development experience
- Object-oriented programming and design
- Strong software engineering and architecture fundamentals
- An entrepreneur in spirit and treat our tech ecosystem and company as truly your own
- Curious and possess a passion for learning, growing, and stretching capabilities
- Flexible, open-minded thinker who can function well in an Agile environment
- You have an empathetic focus on users and customers, and a desire to win in the marketplace
- Able to balance pragmatic delivery of value to the customer with smart engineering decisions that maximizes modularity and capacity our full tech ecosystem
About the Company
Contently powers the content marketing programs of the world’s most valuable brands through its complete content marketing solution: expert content strategy, an industry-leading content marketing platform, and the highest-rated creative network on earth.
Working at Contently means that you will be collaborating with extremely intelligent, creative, and diverse problem-solvers who love a good story and many laughs. Contently employees receive the best perks out there – great benefits including a 401k plan to Friday lunches and a flexible vacation policy.
Contently is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, national origin, ancestry, medical condition, disability, marital status, caregiver status, pregnancy, citizenship, age, military or veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.