As our Director of People and Culture, you will be a critical member of Contently’s HR team, partnering closely with our co-founders, executive leadership and employees at every level.
With your passion for both people and performance, you’ll navigate the complex issues of a high-growth, mid-stage startup, and champion a people-focused, solutions-oriented approach to ensure success. Our ideal candidate has experience having built best-in-class People Operations programs within a fast-paced and fluid tech environment. They exemplify a people-first mindset and are able to effectively translate HR initiatives into tangible employee outcomes that ultimately support our values and our business.
What you'll do
Build and execute People Operations initiatives that support and promote a unified company culture, including:
- Vision and Strategy: Work with Executive Team to set and execute on organizational design and lead long-term vision for People functions.
- Capability and Workforce Planning: Partner with leaders to understand and anticipate hiring and development needs against the capabilities needed to deliver business objectives.
- Performance Management: Develop and implement company-wide performance management programs that reward excellence and drive continuous, transparent feedback
- Leadership Training and Learning and Development: Build and drive scalable, cost-effective solutions around making our leaders better managers and creating organizational development programs to grow our team’s capabilities and drive employee retention.
- Compensation and Benefits: Partner with Executive Team to analyze existing compensation packages and benchmark our current benefits offerings, strategizing for organizational scale
- Data and Compliance: Use people-related data to drive better decision making; develop key metrics to measure employee happiness, performance, engagement, and retention. Ensure compliance with all Employment laws across all offices (US & UK)
- Values and Culture: Ensure that all decisions, programs, and processes are aligned with Contently’s culture and core values
Who you are
- You have 8-12 years direct, progressive HR/People Ops experience, with 3+ years in a senior People Ops position at high growth companies (SaaS and/or startup experience strongly preferred)
- You are a high performing HR/People Ops Director who doesn't mind rolling up their sleeves and getting their hands dirty
- You have experience with talent acquisition and can provide recruitment strategy
- You are passionate about improving processes and developing innovative HR solutions
- You have a deep knowledge of HRIS, PEO removal and working with Finance on Payroll
- You have the proven ability to influence and drive change with executive teams and across agile organizations, aligning the people strategy with business goals and maintaining effective relationships with employees
- You have deep experience crafting professional development plans, career ladders, and organizational workflows
- You are mature, reliable, able to make independent decisions, and to juggle multiple tasks effectively. You value candidness and confidentiality.
- You have well-developed influencing skills and ability to drive education, creative thinking and evolution of current practices.