Director of Account Management, Customer Success
Location: New York City
Reporting into: VP Content Services
Marketing is transforming, and content is at the core of the transformation. That’s why Contently is committed to bringing the timeless art of storytelling into the digital age. By integrating cutting-edge software, trained creative talent, and best-in-class strategy services into one holistic solution, Contently helps the world’s best brands tell great stories.
What The Team Does
The Customer Success team at Contently builds long-term relationships with our customers to drive adoption, retention, and expansion. Through the highest levels of professionalism, quality control, and proactivity, we identify opportunities and remove obstacles to transform how customers operate and scale their content marketing programs within their business.
We are passionate (and charming!) doers, thinkers, and problem solvers – if that’s you, we’d love to hear from you.
What You’ll Do
- Grow existing client base: grow their adoption of the software, their production volume, their packages, and their love of what we do for them
- Own the development and ongoing evolution of the strategy, structure and process for Increasing customer retention/growth through your team of direct reports (Account Strategists, Account Managers and Senior Account Managers)
- Drive enterprise adoption, retention and satisfaction:
- Define the customer lifecycle from launch to implementation
- Train team on and deploy growth strategies to help customers adopt new features and new use-cases
- Develop a customer health benchmarks to identify at risk customers before escalation is required
- Evaluate, select, and implement the most effective Customer Success Management platform
- Develop and implement playbooks for all phases of the customer journey and for different escalation scenarios
- Implement an account planning process for strategic customers to ensure a high level of satisfaction and upsell potential
- Collaborate with the Sales team to pursue growth opportunities
- Lead, expand, and mentor the Customer Success team:
- Set and prioritize tasks, KPIs, and goals
- Improve cross-team collaboration
- Evaluate and developing each person’s skills
- Identify high-performers for additional career advancement
- Develop training and growth programs for CSMs
- Hire strong talent for the continuously growing team
- Promote a customer-centric mentality across the organization
- Reinforce how Customer Success initiatives will achieve company goals
- Communicate customer feedback and sentiment to Marketing, Product and Sales
- be the Customer Success representative for Contently’s Director’s Committee
- Engage directly with customers to gain valuable feedback and establish executive level relationships
- At least 25% of your time
Who You Are
- 5+ years driving successful outcomes in customer facing roles and SaaS companies focused on Content Marketing Martech, Adtech, Social Media or other platforms used by Fortune 500 Content/Marketing departments
- 3+ years managing or mentoring the Account Management or Customer Success function, maybe you're currently a Manager and looking to move into the next level
- Player-coach mentality, empower teams to solve problems creatively, and motivate and mentor up-and-coming talent hands-on
- Demonstrate the business acumen to required to address and solve the unique opportunities and challenges of each customer and align with Contently ROI
- Love using data to develop strategies, measure outcomes, prevent churn, identify opportunities for upsell and team development
- Customer-obsessed; enjoy working with customers, solving problems, and growing the partnership throughout a business
- Positive, clear, and professional written and phone communication.
- Strong Excel skills
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Positive outlook, enthusiasm, and strong internal drive
What We Value
- High-performing creative individuals who have a solution mindset and dig into into problems and opportunities with fervor and enthusiasm
- Leaders who actively participate at all levels of building the business
- Humility and accountability; focused on the right solution, collaboration, and empowering their employees
- We emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company.
- Flexible work environment through family friendly policies, WFH benefits and unlimited vacation
- We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply.
About the Company
Contently is a leader in the content marketing space as the industry’s only end to end solution for the problems facing today’s marketers. We are a software company whose full stack platform has hundreds of applications. This includes our data-driven content strategy and network of 160,000 award-winning content creators, which empowers you to build meaningful relationships with your customers.
Working at Contently means that you will be collaborating with extremely intelligent, creative, and diverse problem-solvers who love a good story and many laughs. Contently employees receive the best perks out there – great benefits including a 401k plan to Friday lunches and a flexible vacation policy.
Contently is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color,gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information,national origin, ancestry, medical condition, disability, marital status,caregiver status, pregnancy, citizenship, age, military or veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.