Digital Marketing Intern
Location: New York (Temporarily Remote)
Reporting into: Director of Content
Start Date: January 4, 2021
Job duration: 3-4 months, Remote
Note: You must be able to show proof that you will receive school credit or have a letter of academic support from your school or have a written credit of transcript recognition in order to intern with us.
Do you geek out on content and envision a future in digital media and marketing? Are you hungry to learn how to use the content creation, distribution, and optimization technology that’ll be the secret weapon of the world’s top brands and publishers over the next decade? Are you an eager learner who thrives in a creative setting? Then you might be a great fit for Digital Marketing Internship at one of New York’s most exciting startups.
Contently Internship Mission
The Contently Internship Program provides college students with hands-on experience of content planning, marketing, execution as well as operations of a Martech startup. They will have exposure to and learn about business functions, processes, roles and responsibilities. Contently provides mentorship and development as well as specific learnings and impactful career insights.
What You’ll Do:
- Support the Director of Content to distribute content, engage audiences, and develop content strategies.
- Learn how to use in-demand marketing technology, like Contently, Pardot, WordPress, Visme, and Mailchimp.
- Learn about email, social, and content strategy from some of the top minds in the industry, and gain access to proprietary educational content programs.
- Have the opportunity to contribute to our two major web publications: The Content Strategist and The Freelancer.
- Learn how to sort through Pardot data and run campaigns.
- This position reports to the Director of Content.
Who You Are:
- Current college student or recent graduate with prior internship experience in media, content, and/or the technology space.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, specifically formulas, functions, and–ideally–pivot tables.
- Eagerness to learn technology like Pardot, Salesforce, and Mailchimp.
- Excellent command of grammar, usage, and punctuation.
- Strong analytical skills and a hard work ethic, high integrity, creative and strategic thinking skills, and a good sense of humor.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, changing environment with the willingness to be flexible and wear many hats.
- Passionate about storytelling and content marketing.
20-25 hours per week, depending on availability and college credit requirements
Compensation + Perks:
- Unpaid or for College Credit
- Contently Swag
- The pleasure of our company on Zoom (we're really nice charming people … and smart too!)
- Office dogs! (also once we're back in the office!)
About the Company
Contently powers the content marketing programs of the world’s most valuable brands through its complete content marketing solution: expert content strategy, an industry-leading content marketing platform, and the highest-rated creative network on earth.
Working at Contently means that you will be collaborating with extremely intelligent, creative, and diverse problem-solvers who love a good story and many laughs.
Contently is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, national origin, ancestry, medical condition, disability, marital status, caregiver status, pregnancy, citizenship, age, military or veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.