Contently is seeking a driven and organized DevOps Engineer to lead the integration of our applications and the systems on which they run. More than a web application – behind the scenes is a large content analytics engine and data pipeline that processes over 200 million requests (and growing) a month. The DevOps Engineer will be responsible for growing and maintaining that infrastructure as well as building tools for monitoring and development. Additionally, the engineer will be a full member of the product team – participating in release sprints to help ensure performance and security are prioritized.
What you'll do:
- Lead the way for Contently's next generation infrastructure and platform
- Optimize the application stack at all layers (Nginx, Puma, PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch) for performance and durability
- Architect an advanced continuous deployment process
- Ensure system security through industry standards
- Build tools to monitor the health of the application
- Work fully integrated with the development and product team to ensure high performance and reliability across all tiers of the stack
- Expand the platform globally. As Contently grows around the world, so will our technology stack.
Who you are:
- 4+ years combined experience as software engineer, software engineer in test, systems administrator, site reliability engineer or any combination of roles
- Experienced in building highly-available and resilient systems, preferably for an enterprise SaaS product
- Accomplished in monitoring and automating infrastructure
- Familiar with AWS services and APIs, including EC2, VPC, IAM, and RDS
- Experienced writing/testing infrastructure as code using tools like terraform, ansible
- Experienced with writing/testing infrastructure as code using tools like terraform, ansible
- Experienced with Docker, Kubernetes, Microservice architecture
- Strong communicator who can explain complex technology across teams
- Proficient in Linux/Unix system administration
- Experienced with setting up clustered systems (ElasticSearch, Redis, etc)
- You have 99.999% tattooed on your arm
More on Contently:
Contently is on a mission to change the way content marketing is traditionally done. That means not only building a powerful technology but also leveraging a powerful network of creative experts that traditional marketers need to stay fresh and original. Working at Contently means that you will be collaborating with extremely intelligent, creative, and diverse problem-solvers who love a good story and many laughs. Contently employees receive the best perks out there – great benefits including a 401k plan to Friday lunches and a flexible vacation policy.