The Content Strategist is responsible for building actionable content roadmaps for Contently’s customers that serve as the backbone of content production and performance.
You will use a combination of in-depth qualitative and rigorous quantitative analysis to research, analyze, and interpret industry data, on-site data, audience consumption patterns, and SEO health through proprietary and third party listening tools. The Strategist is responsible for synthesizing that information into competitive story recommendations, and Strategy deliverables such as Competitive Analysis’, Audience Analysis’, SEO Analysis’ and Content Audits across B2B, B2C, Tech, Travel, Finance, and Healthcare verticals, amongst others.
This role also works closely with Editorial Services and Program Managers to ensure the Strategy aligns to content production and that story performance is tracked and optimized over time.
What You’ll Do
- Analyze large sets of audience, search, social, and on site data, with an emphasis on understanding how readers convert to customers
- Expertly identify content trends across topics and formats through data analysis
- Build and deliver fastidious Strategy decks to Fortune500+ customers
- Lead customer meetings alongside Program Managers to deliver impeccable Strategy recommendations and evangelize content within enterprise organizations
- Have a pulse on industry trends and best practices and constantly circulate information internally
- Help inform processes through iterative work and feedback — we’re always cooking up innovative ways to support customers!
Who You Are
- Demonstrable experience working directly with clients or customers
- Minimum 3 – 5 years experience developing content strategies for enterprise organizations
- Comfortable working with large sets of data
- Understanding of developing lead generation pipelines through content marketing
- Critical thinker who is highly analytical and a problem solver
- Creative and excited to build story concepts based on data
- Ability to influence and lead cross-functional teams (Program Management, Editorial, Talent)
- Extremely detail oriented and organized; ability to multitask and manage multiple projects at once without missing the details
- Fundamental understanding of SEO and comfort interpreting search data
- Ability to interpret and draw conclusions from social data
- Editorial exposure; basic understanding how stories come to life
- Curious by nature, collaborative, and eager to contribute to the group
- A team player who can also work independently
- Passionate about storytelling and believer in content marketing
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel; knowledge of formulas, functions, and pivot tables required
- Professionalism and a confident, consultative approach to client-facing interactions
- Strong analytical skills and a hard work ethic; high integrity, creative and strategic thinking skills, and a good sense of humor
- Ability to quickly understand business needs as it relates to a specific industry, then translate complex ideas into an editorial direction
- Strong writing, editing, creative and strategic thinking skills
- Passionate about a startup culture and adding to it