Title: Content Strategist
Location: New York City (Remote)
Reporting into: Director, Strategy Services
Are you passionate about the role content plays in marketing and brand growth? Can you find the audience insight, key competitive opportunity, or long-tail keyword strategy in a sea of raw data? Does the pursuit of ambitious business and revenue targets excite you? Then you might be the perfect fit to join our team.
As a Content Strategist, you are responsible for the success of our clients’ content marketing programs and their success with Contently. Full stop. That means we're looking for a content nerd who can also sell.
Okay, a little more: Content Strategists are members of Contently’s Customer Success team, which means you’ll manage—and grow—your own book of accounts. For each of these accounts, you’ll work with your client, a managing editor, and our community of freelancers to meet the client’s marketing objectives. That starts with successfully onboarding and increasing adoption of our award-winning content management platform. And it continues through the data analysis, SEO research and best practices, industry trends, and strategic insights you’ll provide to aid the growth, scale, and impact of their content program. You’ll project manage and oversee editorial production, establish content and services budgets, and report regularly to the client on performance and optimization opportunities. And through it all, you’ll focus on retaining and expanding your accounts through superb service, value adds, and expansion into other lines of business.
Who you are: You’re highly motivated, self-directed, and are known for your positive attitude. You show your empathy by helping your client succeed, by delivering candid feedback that helps your peers grow, and by engaging in group brainstorms, share-outs, and reflections. You’re curious; you have a mind for data, but are more interested in the story data tells. And finally, you’re accountable—for your clients, for your revenue targets, and for your team’s success.
We can’t wait to work with you.
- Serve as main customer point of contact for assigned accounts; manage and coordinate all account activities and deliverables
- Demonstrate interest and understanding of client’s market, target audiences, content consumption patterns, subject matter details, and content trends
- On the commercial side, manage renewal cycles, monitor account health, track and forecast revenue, and create and execute on account expansion and upsell strategies
- On the strategic side, establish, manage, and deliver on content program goals
- Leverage proprietary and third-party analytics tools to execute audience, competitive, topic, channel, SEO, and other analyses
- Prepare and present strategic analyses, best practice guides, and educational workshops to clients, and occasionally prospects and Contently colleagues
- Translate data-driven insights into editorial calendars aligned with client’s content budget
- On the program side, prepare and attend key client meetings such as production status calls, monthly performance and account audit reviews, and QBRs
- Ensure program standards and content meets deadlines, priorities, and editorial quality
- Identify opportunities to improve content quality, process, and editorial guidelines
- 3 – 5 years experience in revenue-driven roles, including experience managing and growing books of business
- 3 – 5 years experience developing and managing B2B / B2C content strategies
- Able to lead, manage, and delegate multiple projects and adapt to shifting priorities
- Data-driven, results-oriented, team player who demonstrates a hunger to succeed
- Consultative approach to managing complex client relationships
- Business acumen, sound decision making, analytical, and organizational skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit: embrace challenges, embody resilience, passionate problem-solver
- Creative and detail-oriented – where others see complex spreadsheets and briefs, you see storytelling opportunities, campaigns, and content concepts
- Superb professional communication and interpersonal skills
- Embrace the latest technology and analytics platforms, experience working within a CMP
- Sharp editorial eye, copy-editing, spelling, and grammar whiz
- Motivated by start-up culture and fast-paced environments
- Familiarity with BuzzSumo, SEMrush, and other SEO platforms
About the Company
Contently powers the content marketing programs of the world’s most valuable brands through its complete content marketing solution: expert content strategy, an industry-leading content marketing platform, and the highest-rated creative network on earth.
Working at Contently means that you will be collaborating with extremely intelligent, creative, and diverse problem-solvers who love a good story and many laughs. Contently employees receive the best perks out there – great benefits including equity, a 401k plan to Friday lunches and a flexible vacation policy.
Contently is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, national origin, ancestry, medical condition, disability, marital status, caregiver status, pregnancy, citizenship, age, military or veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.