Do you geek out on turning data, analysis, and briefs into knock-out story concepts? Does shaping your client’s content program, managing complex content budgets, and blowing their goals out of the water get you excited? Then you might be the perfect fit to join our team.
As a Content Strategist, you will work directly with Contently’s clients across finance, technology, healthcare, and travel. You’ll be responsible for shaping and managing their content programs, overseeing editorial production, generating fresh ideas through rigorous strategy analysis, and optimizing along the way to create breakthrough content that transforms client’s businesses through performance. Above all, you are a highly motivated self-starter with a positive attitude. You don’t wait to be asked for help — you step outside your job function when needed and are eager to contribute. “That’s not my job” is not in your vocabulary.
What You’ll Do
- Establish, manage, and deliver on content program goals; provide on-going reporting, strategic recommendations, and advice on topics, keywords, themes, and concepts
- Leverage a suite of proprietary and third-party analytics tools to execute analysis across audience, competitor, and publishing channels to inform production, KPIs, and focus
- Collaborate with freelance journalists, creatives, and Editors to produce original content that directly supports client goals delivers compelling editorial solutions
- Motivate editors and clients alike with poise and professionalism and know there isn’t room for ego when you’re making great content
- Manage large content budgets and build out quarterly editorial calendars, inclusive of content spend, format mix, ideation, topics, and Editor resources
- Ensure all stories and content briefs drive search and social objectives, respectfully
- Demonstrate a keen sense of interest and understanding in client’s market to fully grasp target audiences, consumption patterns, subject matter details, and content trends
- Lead editorial onboarding and on-going initiatives to ensure clients are up to date on new product features, Contently’s platform, and service offering
- Ensure program standards and content meets deadlines, priorities, and editorial quality through regular status calls, in-person meetings, and production oversight
- Identify opportunities to improve content quality, process, and editorial guidelines, translating those ideas into actionable editorial recommendations
- Translate data-driven insights into editorial calendars, creative ideas, and roadmaps
- Run workshops and deliver strategy deliverables, amongst other external engagements
Who You Are
- At least 5 years experience developing and managing content strategies for B2B and B2C clients — bonus if you have experience in the financial services space
- Passionate champion about the role content marketing plays in marketing stacks, brand and marketing objectives
- Able to lead, manage, and delegate multiple projects and adapt to shifting priorities
- Creative and detail-oriented; where others see complex spreadsheets and briefs, you see storytelling opportunities, campaigns, and content concepts
- You have superb professional communication and interpersonal skills; this role is client-facing and requires a high level of business acumen for client and internal matters
- Embrace the latest technology and analytics platforms, have technical pizazz, and are experienced with editing and working within a CMS
- Possess exceptional problem-solving skills and a hard work ethic; high integrity, creative, strategic thinking, and humility
- Have a sharp editorial eye; you are a copy-editing, spelling, and grammar whiz
- Clear desire to shape outputs and contribute to a growing team
About the Company
Contently powers the content marketing programs of the world’s most valuable brands through its complete content marketing solution: expert content strategy, an industry-leading content marketing platform, and the highest-rated creative network on earth.
Working at Contently means that you will be collaborating with extremely intelligent, creative, and diverse problem-solvers who love a good story and many laughs. Contently employees receive the best perks out there – great benefits including a 401k plan to Friday lunches and a flexible vacation policy.
Contently is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color,gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information,national origin, ancestry, medical condition, disability, marital status,caregiver status, pregnancy, citizenship, age, military or veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.