BI Lead (Remote – East Coast Centric)
Reporting Into: CEO
Contently is seeking a BI lead to implement and manage data-driven solutions for our business needs across Finance, Sales, Customer Success, Marketplace and Marketing. Your responsibilities will include requirements gathering, data modeling and analysis, and creating standard framework, reports and dashboards for business teams from various systems. In addition to an analytical mindset, this position requires a strong intellectual curiosity, a desire to derive order out of chaos and a passion for orderly business operations and data collection and analysis. As we are a fast-growing startup, this is an exciting and high-profile role in which you will help drive critical decisions across all divisions of the company, as well as learn how to excel in a dynamic environment.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead, administer, analyze, and automate data from various systems including Salesforce, Pardot, Google Analytics, Metabase, Pendo and custom analytics databases (PostgreSQL)
- Collaborate with all teams in the company to optimize against as well as develop KPIs and metrics
- Develop actionable analysis and provide insights to assist managers and decision makers
- Identify and analyze trends as well as develop potential solutions
- Implement and maintain procedures to arm the company at large with data and insights
- Weekly and monthly reporting, analysis and insights
- Dashboard creation and maintenance
- Be the primary administrator of Salesforce
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree, analytical, mathematical fields a plus
- 5+ years of analytical work experience in tech, consulting or finance
- Advanced MS Excel skills, proficiency in SQL (PostgreSQL/MySQL) and relational databases a plus
- Experience with BI tools like Metabase, Looker, Tableau, Qlikview
- Business-minded in addition to data savvy
- Not afraid to get into the weeds of multiple data sources and constantly improve data quality
- Able to distill and convey insights from complex data sets and concepts
- Strong communicator and team player who can work with all teams across the company
- Excellent time and self-management skills, ability to prioritize and multitask
- Salesforce administration experience, as is experience in a startup or high growth environment
What We Value
- High-performing creative leaders who have a solution mindset and dig into problems and opportunities with fervor and enthusiasm
- Leaders who actively participate at all levels of building the business, not afraid to advocate for recommended solutions and promote
- Humility and accountability; focused on the right solution, collaboration, and empowering their employees
- We heavily emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company.
- Async and fluid work environment through family friendly policies, remote benefits and flexible time off
- We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply.
About the Company
Contently is a leader in the content marketing space as the industry’s only end-to-end solution for the problems facing today’s marketers. We are a software company whose full stack platform has hundreds of applications. This includes our data-driven content strategy and network of 160,000 award-winning content creators, which empowers you to build meaningful relationships with your customers.
Working at Contently means that you will be collaborating with extremely intelligent, creative, and diverse problem-solvers who love a good story and many laughs. Contently employees receive the best perks out there – great benefits including equity, 401k plan to Friday lunches and a flexible time off. We can’t wait to work with you!
Contently is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, national origin, ancestry, medical condition, disability, marital status, caregiver status, pregnancy, citizenship, age, military or veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.