Title: Account Manager
Location: New York City (Remote)
Reporting into: Director, Customer Success
Are you excited by the idea of growing a book of business and solving complex problems? Are you passionate about building relationships and using world-class journalism to help brands reach their audiences? Then keep reading!
The Account Strategist/Manager is responsible for the editorial and commercial success of Contently’s customers. This role works in alignment with the Sales, Services, and Product teams to maintain and expand relationships across client organizations with a particular focus on new lines of business expansion. Through managing stakeholders, day to day activities, the overall business relationship, and revenue growth of assigned accounts, this role directly shapes and influences the content that some of the largest companies in the world publish. The Account Strategist/Manager works directly with the customer and Contently’s Managing Editors to bring content to life while meeting outlined objectives and targets.
In many ways, the Customer Success team, of which the Account Strategist/Manager is a part of, is the heart of Contently. We grow customer relationships, advise on business and content decisions, spearhead solutions for our partners, and collaborate with all internal teams to reach the best possible outcome. We are a small and mighty team that is looking for a customer-obsessed individual who is flexible, is motivated by revenue growth, champions a growth-mindset, and above all has the willingness to learn at every turn.
We are suckers for superior writing skills and a friendly, considerate, and value-driven communication style. As a team, we value acute attention to detail, empathy, quick turnaround times, and positivity. We like to cross off to do lists while delivering enormous value. We don’t just get stuff done, we get the right stuff done.
What you'll do:
- Grow assigned accounts through upsell and expansion opportunities; every member of the CS team is responsible for adding revenue to the business
- Manage renewal cycles, forecasting, commercial activities, and revenue alignment
- Obsessively develop and deepen new and existing relationships
- Execution of commercial activities to include legal and contractual
- Proactively identify and penetrate new lines of business
- Serve as the main customer point of contact for assigned accounts
- Manage, coordinate, and lead all account planning activities and deliverables, including QBRs, scheduled reporting, commercial aspects, on-boarding, training, and service recommendations
- Schedule and lead regular calls with assigned accounts to ensure content program is moving forward, budgets are on track, and content deadlines are met
- Feed customer feedback into the organization and promote product and service solutions at every stage of the customer lifecycle
- Proactively provide strategic account alignment, direction, and oversight and develop new and existing relationships to help further adoption
Who you are:
- Minimum 3 years of selling directly to customers or growing existing business experience (extra points for experience within B2B SaaS / marketing technology / creative agency)
- A hustler, who is motivated by growing business and making money; demonstrated success against ambitious quotas and targets
- An enthusiastic person who is constantly thinking about penetrating organizations deeper and higher up. You should have a sales funnel thought bubble floating over your head at all times! Your character and personality is hungry, entrepreneurial, and solution-oriented. You want to manage people one day and this is your shot at showing you have what it takes to lead from a place of empathy and positivity.
- Passionate about content marketing and audience-centric editorial strategy; the most successful people in this role are ones who are passionate about their customers' content and advising them on best practices!
- Motivated by revenue goals and hitting ambitious targets
- Consultative approach to managing complex client relationships; content marketing requires consistent partnership and advisement
- Data-driven, results-oriented, and attention to detail (this is not the job for you if you don’t thrive with competing priorities!)
- Team player who demonstrates a hunger to succeed collectively and individually
- Entrepreneurial spirit: professionally ambitious, embraces challenges, embodies resilience, passionate problem-solver, and desire to explore new ways of thinking
- Strong business acumen, sound decision making, analytical, and organizational skills
- Motivated by start-up culture and fast-paced environments
About the Company
Contently powers the content marketing programs of the world’s most valuable brands through its complete content marketing solution: expert content strategy, an industry-leading content marketing platform, and the highest-rated creative network on earth.
Working at Contently means that you will be collaborating with extremely intelligent, creative, and diverse problem-solvers who love a good story and many laughs. Contently employees receive the best perks out there – great benefits including equity, a 401k plan to Friday lunches and a flexible vacation policy.
Contently is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, national origin, ancestry, medical condition, disability, marital status, caregiver status, pregnancy, citizenship, age, military or veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.