Account Executive (Remote – East Coast Centric)
Reporting Into: Head of Sales
Compensation Range: $150k-$220k OTE based on experience
Contently is looking for ambitious, consultative content marketing sales professionals (SaaS experience a MUST HAVE) who want to financially prosper in a dynamic startup. In this role you’ll be empowered to prospect, build relationships and close business with the Marketing and Content teams of Fortune 1000 companies. The ideal candidate drives business by helping customers understand how Contently empowers them to create custom content at scale, more deeply engage with their audiences and deliver accountable business outcomes.
What You’ll Do:
- Effectively engages with new prospects and wins deals by using a consultative, value oriented approach that resonates with high level decision makers
- They seek first to understand, ask probing questions, heavily research the prospect business before engaging.
- Demonstrates a high level of business acumen by effectively discussing the business needs of prospects to align Contently fit before presenting value
- Loves the hunt of prospecting and wants to scale their pipeline beyond Lead Gen team contribution in order to exceed target
- Drives the entire sales process from prospecting through opportunity development and deal closure, to post-sale kickoff with our Customer Success team
- Is passionate about content marketing and MarTech solutions, thus endearing them to prospects as a trusted resource
- Desire to work in a dynamic startup where they can share feedback from the field to help shape the evolution of our product and service offerings
Who You Are:
- A skilled, enterprise logo, VP+ level hunter
- 3+ years of direct to brand, content marketing SaaS sales
- Proven track record of exceeding targets by running a consultative sales process with large, complex prospect organizations
- Experience selling content programs with a consultative approach
- Thrived and demonstrated flexibility in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Deep understanding of content marketing and/or the value delivered by MarTech solutions
- Truly helped customers and performed for managers so that both will be pleased to be your reference if selected to work at Contently
- Enjoys contributing to company culture that celebrates performance, diversity and the participation of all employees
What We Value
- High-performing creative leaders who have a solution mindset and dig into problems and opportunities with fervor and enthusiasm
- Leaders who actively participate at all levels of building the business, not afraid to advocate for recommended solutions and promote
- Humility and accountability; focused on the right solution, collaboration, and empowering their employees
- We heavily emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company.
- Async and fluid work environment through family friendly policies, remote benefits and flexible time off
- We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply.
About the Company
Contently is a leader in the content marketing space as the industry’s only end to end solution for the problems facing today’s marketers. We are a software company whose full stack platform has hundreds of applications. This includes our data-driven content strategy and network of 160,000 award-winning content creators, which empowers you to build meaningful relationships with your customers.
Working at Contently means that you will be collaborating with extremely intelligent, creative, and diverse problem-solvers who love a good story and many laughs. Contently employees receive the best perks out there – great benefits including equity, 401k plan to Friday lunches and a flexible time off. We can’t wait to work with you!
Contently is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, national origin, ancestry, medical condition, disability, marital status, caregiver status, pregnancy, citizenship, age, military or veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.